In this age of smart gadgets, social messaging apps like Line, WeChat, WhatsApp have become one of the most popular ways of communication, especially for younger generation. Many such messaging apps are available today for Smartphones. These apps don’t just provide an easy means of free messaging, but many of these also come with added features like sticker messaging, voice messaging, and even free calling.
Line is also one such messaging app enjoying much popularity. It is operated by the Japan based LINE Corporation. The app was launched in June 2011. Today, it is available in 230 countries and enjoys a worldwide user base of over 300 million people. LINE offers free messaging service, and free calling facilities to its users, plus several other interesting features. To know more about LINE, you can visit http://linecorp.com/en/.
Recently, Line has launched a new initiative.
According to Akira Morikawa, CEO of LINE Corporation, “LINE has become a global service with over 300 million users, and every day I feel appreciation to each of our users that have made LINE loved all over the world. We further wish to enrich the communication of people around world, and decided to add something to LINE that lets people make a tangible contribution to this cause. To that end, we are asking all of our users around the world to give us their thoughts on what we should provide the children that will be the future of our world. We hope that LINE grows to become even more loved by people worldwide.”
Following this thought, LINE Corporation, owner and operator of the free call and messaging app LINE, announced the launch of a new charity initiative on December 10, 2013. This project is called “LINE Santa Claus”. LINE Santa Claus has launched a special event themed “Building a Brighter Tomorrow for our Children.” All users of LINE are invited to take part in it and send their wishes under the above mentioned theme through the ON Air feature of Line.
So, if you are a LINE user, go ahead and make a wish to help a child smile.
Users can submit their wishes from noon on Friday, 13 December till 11:59 pm on Sunday, 15 December (GMT+9). These wishes would then be reviewed by LINE and the selected ones would be announced on 25 December, the Christmas Day. And soon after, LINE will start turning the chosen wishes into realities. The updates of every wish fulfilled would of course be shared on LINE Team official account, and also through Line’s social networking channel.
Here’s how LINE users can participate in this event:
- On Tuesday, December 10, 2013, The official LINE Santa Claus account (LINE ID: @linesanta_2013_en) has been opened globally. It supports seven languages (English, Japanese, Korean, Chinese (Traditional and Simplified), Spanish, Thai)
- From Friday, 13 December to 11:59 pm on Sunday, 15 December (GMT +9), LINE users can use the ON AIR feature of LINE app to submit their wishes to LINE Santa. The submitted wishes must be relevant to the theme “Building a Brighter Tomorrow for our Children.” For this the users will need to add the official LINE Santa Claus account as a friend.
- The users submitting the wishes will also need to mention their nationality, and the reason behind their wish. The LINE team may later contact the ‘wish makers’ to verify the submitted details.
- Once the submission of wishes is over, LINE team will review the submitted wishes.
- The selected wishes would be announced on Monday, 25 December, Christmas Day.
- Plans to start making the wishes come true will start in 2014.
So go ahead, make a wish. And may it come true!
How far can a person go to fulfill the dreams of someone else?
Find out in the pages of Dream’s Sake, a general fiction novel by Jyoti Arora. For more information and free preview of first chapter click on the picture below or visit: www,jyotiarora.com