And LINE Corporation is here with yet another treat, and this treat is exclusively for Indians. And if you are good in drawing, especially making cartoons, then you’d love to read what follows.
LINE has announced SHINE with LINE, a Sticker Design Competition, exclusively for Indians.
Any user of LINE messaging app would agree that LINE stickers based on Indian characters and themes are a lot of fun. LINE already has provided its Indian users with 25 sets of stickers based on daily situations in India, our favourite phrases, Bollywood movies etc.
As per Daman Soni, Spokesperson from LINE India, “LINE stickers have played a key role in evolving the way people use messaging applications in India. Users are gradually increasing their consumption of content on LINE and our stickers are a key differentiator which sets us apart from the others. We recently introduced some really exciting features such as ‘Selfie Sticker App’ which lets users convert selfies into stickers and with this campaign, we look forward to engaging our consumers and encouraging them to bring forth their creativity.”
Yes, so now LINE is giving Indian designers the chance to create some new fun stickers based on Indian themes.
And did I tell you that the prize money on offer is BIG? Well, it is. The first prize winner will receive Rs. 3 Lakhs. 9 finalists will get Rs. 1.5 Lakhs each. And ten more people will win Rs. 0.5 Lakhs each. That is, the total amount to be one is Rs. 21,5000.
So come on, designers, put on your creative cap and design for us some really cool and fun stickers. And here’s a hint, if any of you designs a sticker set with the title LEMON GIRL (my latest novel), then that designer will have a most ardent good wish from me for winning the contest!
Anyway, the contest starts today – 10th Dec, 2014 and will continue till 21st Feb 2015. The announcement of 1st Round of winners will be made on 28th Jan 2015.
Here’s how you can take part in this contest:
You need to design a set of 8 LINE stickers that:
- Indians users might love
- Are different from existing LINE stickers.
- Can be used frequently by Indian users.
- Relate to common situations in India.
- 10.12.2014 to 14.01.2015: Submission period.
- 28.01.2015: Round 1 finalists announcement (20 finalists).
- 11.02.2015 to 21.02.2015: Voting by LINE users and evaluation by judges.
Procedure of Participation:
- Get registered and check contest FAQs and participation: http://linestickercontest.com/
- Download the Sample File from the website mentioned above. (you will need to scroll down a little to find the link to the sample file):
- Required image file format: PNG or JPG.
- Required image size: 980 x 1800px.
- Each sticker should have a maximum size of 370 x 320 px.
- Each sticker should have a transparent background.
- Submit your entry at email@example.com. You need to be registered at the contest before you send the entry.
- Judging criteria: User votes, originality of characters, artistic and technical skills, sense of fun, action and engagement
- Panel of judges include Mr, Dhimant Vyas and Mr. Suresh Eriyat
- LINE Sticker Contest: http://linestickercontest.com/
- LINE Homepage: PC: http://line.naver.jp/en
- Mobile: http://line.naver.jp/app/en