Samsung Galaxy A8 was launched in India on 6th August. But being rather on the wrong side of health at that time, I was not able to write about it. I might entirely have given it a pass. But what to do? The photos I saw of it arrested me and made me decide that I must write about it, even if later.
So here I am, with a quick description of this beautiful new device by Samsung. The highlight of A8 is that it is ‘the slimmest Galaxy yet‘ and has a full metal unibody design and a 16MP primary camera. And yes, it’s a 4G LTE capable phone.
Samsung Galaxy A8 is a stylish smartphone and targets the young and trendy Indian consumers who like to flaunt high-end devices. It has 5.7″ Full HD Super AMOLED (1920×1080) display which is equipped with Adaptive Display Technology for better viewing experience.
Its full metal unibody form is only 5.9mm thick, thereby making it the slimmest Galaxy smartphone till now. Its bezel size is only 2.5mm.
This 4G LTE (Category 6) capable smartphone is equipped with (1.8/1.3) GHz Octa Core processor. It has 2GB RAM and 32 GB inbuilt storage (expandable to 128 GB using microSD card). It is powered by 3050 mAh battery. The operating system is Android 5.1.1 (Lollipop). And yes, it is a Dual SIM phone.
The device has 16MP rear and 5MP front camera. Both the cameras have F1.9 lens with real-time HDR capability. The rear camera has a feature called Face Detection Alarm which has been designed to enable users to click better selfies with rear camera. The front camera has 120 degree wide-angle to help in clicking better group selfies. Other camera features include Ultra Wide Shot, GIF Shooting, Auto – Palm and Voice Selfie.
A8 also has a finger print scanner and Private Mode to keep it safe from prying eyes. Its other features include Power Saving Mode, Multi Screen, Quick Connect and changeable themes. It is available in White, Black and Gold colours at the price of Rs: 32,500.
All in all, Samsung Galaxy A8 looks very nice. Although the design is not very different from other Galaxy smartphones. But it has a full metal unibody with a cut metal frame. And it is sleek. I felt that it is a bit expensive though. Anyway, its octa core processor and 2Gb RAM should ensure good performance. And its 16MP primary camera and various selfie features would definitely please the young users.
GALAXY A8 Specifications and Price:
- Display: 5.7” 16M colors (1920×1080) Full HD SUPER AMOLED
- Processor: Octa Core (1.8GHz Quad Core + 1.3GHz Quad Core)
- OS: Android™ 5.1.1 (Lollipop)
- Storage: 32GB internal memory + MicroSD slot (up to 128GB)
- RAM: 2GB
- Battery: 3,050mAh
- Primary Camera: 16MP AF with LED Flash
- Secondary Camera: 5.0MP F1.9
- Network: 4G: LTE Cat6 (300Mbps) / 3.5G (HSPA+ up to 42.2Mbps)
- Connectivity: Wi-Fi® 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac (2.4+5GHz), Bluetooth® 4.1, GPS, GLONASS
- Sensor: Accelerometer, Proximity, Lights, Magnetic, Fingerprint sensor
- SIM: Hybrid NanoDual Sim
- Dimension: 158 x 76.8 x 5.9 mm, 151g
- Colour: Black, White, Gold
- Additional Features: Ultra Power Saving Mode, Changeable Theme (Natural, Classic, Casual, Romantic), Private Mode, Multi Screen, Quick Connect
- Price: 32,500