Motorola’s all new Moto 360 (2nd Gen) collection is now available in India. The watch has been designed with enhanced looks and features so that it can look more stylish on users’ wrists and give them more convenience.
The Moto 360 (2nd Gen) wearable smartwatch boasts of being able to make time for the users. This it does by saving time as it provides the relevant information on the dial and also helps the users to access more features from the watch dial.
But what I liked more is that the collection now has smartwatches exclusively designed for women. To tell you the truth, I always found smartwatches cool. However, I never could imagine wearing them as they looked too bulky and big on my wrists. So I was really happy to find out that two variants of Moto 360 (2nd Gen) have been designed exclusively for women. These are available in rose gold with blush leather and natural metal strap options.
Besides these, the Moto 360 (2nd Gen) collection also includes cognac leather, black leather and black metal variants.
The original Moto 360 smartwatch was perhaps the first smartwatch that looked more like a watch and less like a gadget. The new Moto 360 smartwatch follows the same tradition. Its case design now has lugs that have been specifically designed for men and women, along with new styles of bezel. To accommodate different sizes of wrists, Moto 360 (2nd Gen) is available in 46mm and 42mm case sizes. The materials used in it include horween leather and aircraft-grade 316L stainless steel.
Moto 360 (2nd Gen) smartwatch has Android WearTM operating system. The user interface is easy and makes it convenient for the user to access several smartwatch and smartphone features right from the watch face. The Live Dials display relevant information and smartphone notifications and allow the user to respond to messages using voice input. Another good feature is that the new Moto 360 is Wi-Fi enabled. And so, it can remain in contact with smartphone even when the smartphone is out of the Bluetooth range. This gives greater freedom to the user to roam about without carrying the smartphone along. As long as the Wi-Fi network is available, the smartphone and the smartwatch will remain connected.
As per the information I got, the Moto 360 (2nd Gen) is IP67 rated. That is, it can withstand immersion in up to 3 feet of freshwater for up to 30 minutes. But don’t go swimming or diving with it!
The new Moto smartwatch is compatible with both Android and iOS platforms (Android 4.3+ or iPhone 5, iPhone 5c, iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus with iOS 8.2+). Some features of the smartphone might be limited for the use with specific devices.
The features of the New Moto 360 include Moto Body. The various features of the Moto Body can help the user in maintaining a healthy lifestyle. These features include calorie counter, pedometer, heartrate monitor etc. Most other smartwatches have such features too, of course.
The Moto 360 (2nd Gen) smartwatch is equipped with various features and capabilities that make smartphones convenient and useful. However, the features don’t seem to have anything much unique or what other smartwatches don’t have. But the various variants of Moto 360 (2nd Gen) collection do look good. And the fact that the collection includes two variants designed especially for women is definitely very pleasing.
Key Specifications of Moto 360 (2nd Gen)
- Operating system: Android Wear™
- Compatibility: Works with your Android™ phone or iPhone*
* Requires a phone running Android 4.3+ or iPhone 5, iPhone 5c, iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus with iOS 8.2+. Features may vary between Android and iOS platforms. (check compatibility at g.co/WearCheck)
- Display: Backlit LCD, Corning® Gorilla® Glass 3
- Mens 42mm and Womens: 1.37” (35mm), 263ppi (360 X 325)
- Mens 46mm: 1.56” (40mm), 233ppi (360 X 330)
- Watch case dimensions:
- Mens: 46mm diameter by 11.4mm high / 42mm diameter by 11.4mm high
- Womens: 42mm diameter by 11.4mm high
- Battery: Mens 42mm and Womens: 300mAh – Up to 1.5 days of mixed use with Ambient off. Up to a full day of mixed use with Ambient on.
- Mens 46mm: 400mAh – Up to 2 days of mixed use with Ambient off. Up to a full day of mixed use with Ambient on.
- Wireless charging with charging dock included
- Processor: Qualcomm® Snapdragon™ 400 with 1.2 GHz quad-core CPU (APQ 8026) / Adreno 305 with 450MHz GPU
- Memory: 4GB internal storage + 512MB RAM
- Connectivity: Bluetooth® 4.0 Low Energy / Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g
- Sensors: Accelerometer, Ambient Light Sensor, Gyroscope, Vibration/Haptics engine
- Heart rate sensors: Optical heart rate monitor (PPG)
- Water resistance: IP67 dust and water resistant* – Not waterproof
- Microphone: Dual digital mics
- Bands: Mens 42mm: 20mm band / Mens 46mm: 22mm band / Womens 42 mm:16mm band