Adding to the lineup of its smartwatches, Samsung has launched three new versions of Gear S2. These new variants bring with them new looks and several new apps and watch faces.
Variants: One of the newly launched variants has 18K Rose Gold casing and premium leather strap in Ivory White. The second variant has platinum casing for its dial and buckle and has premium leather Black strap. These two are variants of Gear S2 Classic range. The third variant that has been launched is Gear S2 White. It has silver dial and sporty white strap.
With the launch of these new variants, Samsung Gear S2 is now available in India in five different variants. These are Gear S2 Classic Black, Gear S2 Classic Rose Gold, Gear S2 Classic Platinum, Gear S2 Black and Gear S2 White.
Commenting upon the launch of these new smartwatches, Mr. Manu Sharma, Director, Mobile Business, Samsung India Electronics, said, “Gear S2 is a sleek and smart wearable that enable users to augment and personalise their mobile experience and lifestyle. The introduction of these new variants with additional apps and watch faces will further add to the style and convenience quotient. Samsung Gear S2 is a true testimony to our commitment to provide breakthrough technology to make lives of our consumers richer.”
New Dial Faces: The new Gear S2 variants bring along with them new watch faces and several new and useful apps. The dial faces include animated art of Peanuts as well as watch faces that display information about weather, moon phases, health goals, reminders & notifications etc.
New Apps: The new apps include Uber for Gear app which makes finding and booking a cab from the smartwatch easy. Another app is G’Night sleep tracking app that can help the users in monitoring their sleep cycles. Another app called My Notes can help the users in quickly making and accessing notes and checklists. It includes the ability to set reminder alarms based upon time or location. There is also a YouTube browsing app called Xenozu which allows user to browse, search and view videos right from the smartwatch. And of course, Gear S2 supports apps like Facebook, Twitter and WhatsApp already.
New Games: Some new games have also been added to the Gear S2 smartwatches. These use the rotating bezel of the watch as the game controller and include games like Hextris, Vroom Rider, Hangman, Space Wars and Snake.
Availability & Price: All three new variants of the Gear S2 wearable will be available across all Samsung retail channels. Gear S2 White is priced at INR 24,300 while Gear S2 Classic Gold and Platinum variants are priced at INR 34,900
Key Specifications of Gear S2 & Gear S2 Classic:
- Display: 1.2”, Circular Super AMOLED, 360×360, 302ppi
- AP: Dual core 1.0 GHz
- OS: Tizen based wearable platform
- Memory: Storage: 4GB Internal Memory / RAM: 512MB
- Audio: Codec: MP3/AAC/AAC+/eAAC+ / Format: MP3, M4A, AAC, OGG
- Safety: Safety assistance, Privacy lock, IP68 Certified Dust and Water Resistant
- Connectivity: Wi-Fi: 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth® 4.1, NFC,
- Sensor: Accelerometer, Gyrosenser, Heart Rate, Ambient Light, Barometer
- Dimension: Gear S2 : 42.3×49.8×11.4mm (47g) / Gear S2 classic : 39.9×43.6×11.4mm (42g)
- Battery: 250mAh Li-ion
- Communications: Contacts, Notifications, Messages, Email, Preset text, Voice Input, Emoticons, Keypads
- Health & Fitness: S Health, Nike+ Running
- Information: Schedule, News, Maps &Navigation, Weather
- Media: Music Player, Gallery
- Others: S Voice, Voice Memo, Find My Device, Power Saving Mode,