There are three main criteria that people consider when looking for a new phone. These are specifications, appearance and price. Motorola’s recently released Moto G5 Plus scores well on all these and also brings with it the brand value of Motorola. It is the latest addition to Motorola’s popular Moto G Series of smartphones. Let’s check out what it brings to the user.
Highlights of Moto G5 Plus:
Moto G5 Plus Specifications:
The all new Moto G5 Plus has 13.2cm (5.2-inch), IPS LCD, Full HD, 1080p, 424 ppi display protected by Corning® Gorilla® Glass 3. It is equipped with Qualcomm® Snapdragon™ 625 processor with a 2.0 GHz octa-core CPU, 650 MHz Adreno 506 GPU. It has 3,000 mAh battery which is quite ample for most users and should last all day with normal usage. G5 Plus has TurboPower™ charging which can charge the device for up to six hours of battery life in just 15 minutes. It runs on Android™ 7.0, Nougat operating system. It comes in 16 GB ROM/3GB RAM and 32 GB ROM / 4GB RAM variants. The internal storage is expandable to 128 GB using a microSD card. The rear camera is 12 MP and the front camera is 5 MP.
One of the highlights of Moto G5 Plus is its metal body. It is the first smartphone in the Moto G series that has a metal casing with a high grade aluminium finish. As per Motorola, the styling of 2017 Moto G5 Plus is inspired from the premium Moto Z range of smartphone. Moto G5 Plus has 13.2cm (5.2-inch), IPS LCD, Full HD, 1080p, 424 ppi display protected by Corning® Gorilla® Glass 3. Its height is 150.2 mm, the width is 74.0 mm and the depth is 7.7 – 9.7mm (at camera). It weighs 155g and is available in Lunar Gray or Fine Gold colour options. The device is protected by Water repellent nano-coating
Camera of Moto G5 Plus:
Moto G5 Plus has 12 MP rear camera with Dual Autofocus Pixels and f/1.7 aperture. It is also equipped with color balancing dual LED flash, 8X digital zoom (for photos) and active viewfinder (recognizes QR codes and barcodes). The front camera is 5 MP and has wide angle lens, f/2.2 aperture, display flash.
Moto G5 Plus can capture 4K Ultra HD video (30 fps, Full HD 1080p (60/30 fps), HD 720p). The device boasts of having a flagship level camera sensor with Dual Autofocus Pixels. Its large f/1.7 aperture and bigger pixels are capable of capturing 25% more light than Moto G4 Plus, thus giving better low light shots.
Other camera features include the beautification Mode to enhance the selfies, the Best Shot Mode and the Professional Mode. The Best Shot helps in capturing better images by capturing multiple shots and recommending the best picture. The professional mode allows the users to adjust the focus, white balance, shutter, ISO & exposure etc.
Moto G5 Plus Fingerprint Scanner:
Moto G5 Plus is equipped with a finger print scanner which makes it easy and convenient to secure the device. The fingerprint scanner of G5 Plus also enhances the user experience with its motion and gesture shortcuts. The Moto Actions help the user in quickly navigating through the various apps and settings using the fingerprint scanner. The device is NFC enabled for easier mobile payments. The fingerprint scanner also helps in adding speed and security to this feature.
Availabilitiy and price of Moto G5 Plus in India:
Technical specifications for Moto G5 Plus:
- Display: 13.2cm (5.2-inch), IPS LCD, Full HD, 1080p, 424 ppi, Corning® Gorilla® Glass 3
- System Architecture/Processor: Qualcomm® Snapdragon™ 625 processor with a 2.0 GHz octa-core CPU, 650 MHz Adreno 506 GPU
- Internal Storage: 16 GB / 32 GB – expandable to 128 GB using microSD card
- RAM: 3 GB / 4 GB
- Operating system: Android™ 7.0, Nougat
- Battery: 3000 mAh, TurboPower charger included
- Rear Camera: 12 MP with Dual Autofocus Pixels, f/1.7 aperture, color balancing dual LED flash, 8X digital zoom (for photos), active viewfinder (recognizes QR codes and barcodes)
- Front Camera: 5 MP, wide angle lens, f/2.2 aperture, display flash
- Video Capture: 4K Ultra HD video, 30 fps, Full HD 1080p (60/30 fps), HD 720p
- Water Repellent: Water repellent nano-coating
- SIM Card: nano-sim
- Sensors: Fingerprint reader, NFC, accelerometer, gyroscope, ambient light sensor, proximity sensor
- Dimensions: 150.2 mm Height / 74.0 mm Width / 7.7 – 9.7mm (at camera) Depth
- Weight: 155g
- Base Color: Lunar Gray or Fine Gold
- Availability: Exclusively on Flipkart
- Moto G5 Price in India: INR 14,999 (3GB RAM + 16GB ROM) / INR 16,999 (4GB RAM + 32GB ROM)
Overall, Moto G5 Plus looks like a very good deal for those looking for a durable smartphone with decent specifications, affordable pricing and the assurance of a major brand. I think this mid-range smartphone has what it takes to keep its stand in a very competitive market and perform at least as well as its predecessors. And it is good to see Motorola finally paying more attention to the appearance of its smartphone. No matter how good the specifications of the smartphones, its style still matters a lot and is often the main criteria of selection for many customers.