A flagship smartphone means a top of the line device. A smartphone that does not just pack a great set of specifications, but also comes loaded with numerous innovative technologies and features. A flagship smartphone by a major brand pushes the boundaries of what a smartphone can do.
The recently launched flagship smartphone of HTC, the HTC U11 proves this with its great looks, excellent specification set and its various innovative features like the HTC Edge Sense with Squeeze Technology, various camera enhancements giving it the world’s highest rated smartphone camera yet, and active noise cancellation for clearer audio.
Speaking during the launch of U11, Mr. Faisal Siddiqui, President South Asia, HTC said, “We are proud to present our flagship smartphone – HTC U11 which showcases HTC’s power of innovation by bringing to discerning customers pioneering technologies that are game-changers in the industry and reflect our strong focus on R&D and Design. HTC U11 comes equipped with unique features like Edge Sense that opens the doors to a whole new world of phone interactions. We are particularly proud of the fact that the U11 camera has achieved an incredible DxOMark 90 score, making it the highest rated smartphone ever in DxOMark history also making it the #1 smartphone camera on the market today. We are confident that the HTC U11 will set new industry standards.”
So, let’s check out the highlights of HTC U11:
By what I’ve seen of HTC U11, it looks clean and graceful and has a very premium feel to it. It has a seamless curved look with all-around 3-axis symmetry which makes the device appear slim from every angle. The 3D glass on its front and back gives it smoothness and gloss. It has highly reflective rear panel. It has been crafted using the Optical Spectrum Hybrid Deposition technique. The rear panel has a layering of highly-refractive precious minerals which transforms light with every move of the phone and gives a liquid surface effect. The smartphone measures 153.9 x 75.9 x 7.9 and weighs 169g. In India, it will be available in Amazing Silver and Brilliant Black colours.
HTC U11 is the first commercially released smartphone in the world that is exclusively powered by the Qualcomm® Snapdragon™ 835, 64 bit octa-core Mobile Platform (up to 2.45 Ghz). Commenting upon this, Mr. Larry Paulson, Vice President and President, Qualcomm India, said, “The HTC U11 is powered by the Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 Mobile Platform. The Snapdragon 835 is small in size (10nm), but big on performance. Users can expect outstanding battery life, jaw dropping graphics, and cutting-edge camera capabilities. And with the X16 LTE modem, you also get breakthrough speeds. Power users have a lot to look forward with HTC U11.”
Other Key specifications:
HTC U11 has a 5.5″ Quad HD screen with 2560 x 1440 pixels resolution. and protection of 3D Corning® Gorilla® Glass 5. It has been designed to deliver more true-to-life color reproduction and a full-framed viewing experience. U11 will be available in the 64GB / 128GB ROM variants with 4GB / 6GB RAM. The internal storage is expandable up to 2TB. The device is powered by 3000 mAh battery with Quick Charge 3.0. To extend the battery life, it has Power saving mode and Extreme power saving mode. It is IP67 grade water and dust resistant. It can withstand 1 meter of freshwater for up to 30 minutes. U11 runs on Android™ 7.1 operating system with HTC Sense™. It is a 4G LTE device and supports VoLTE,Wi-Fi Calling and Cat 15 LTE.
The excellence of camera in HTC U11 can be judged by the fact that it has achieved DxOMark 90 score which apparantly makes it the highest rated smartphone camera ever in DxOMark history. The primary camera is 12MP (HTC UltraPixel™ 3, 1.4μm pixel) with UltraSpeed Autofocus, BSI sensor, ƒ/1.7 aperture and Dual LED flash
The secondary camera is 16MP with BSI sensor and ƒ/2.0 aperture. It has features like Live Makeup, Auto Selfie and Voice Selfie.
The cameras are aided by multi-axis optical and electronic stabilization system and fast autofocus even in low light condiitons. The camera features include lag free HDR Boost, UltraPixel light sensitivity, UltraSpeed Autofocus and Temporal Noise Reduction which removes unwanted noise and deliver clearer video.
HTC’s Edge Sense is an amazing feature which allows users to interact with their smartphone by just pressing the edge of the device. The edge provides shortcuts for selected apps and can recognize gestures like short squeeze and long squeeze. It can launch the camera and click a picture with just a squeeze. You can launch social network apps, or Google Assistant or Amazon Alexa apps by just gently squeezing the phone’s sides. This Edge Sense makes for a very new and convenient way to operate a smartphone and access your favourite apps quickly.
Here are some of the things HTC Edge Sense can do:
- Take photos: Just lift, squeeze, smile, and click
- Voice to Text: Lightly squeeze, speak the message and send
- Customize the squeeze gesture: Customize to access your favourite app quickly
360 degree sound recording in videos:
After the Edge Sense, this is the feature that I found most interesting. HTC U11 is equipped with optimally positioned omni-directional microphones and Acoustic Focus technology. Thanks to these, HTC U11 is excellent at 3D audio recording. The microphones of HTC U11 record audio from all directions. Its Acoustic Focus allows the users to zoom in on the video and fix the target subject to amplify their specific sounds.
The upgraded BoomSound Hi-Fi edition speakers of U11 claim to deliver 100% more loudness and 150% improvement in Dynamic Range Audio. The tweeter of the smartphone offers an acoustic chamber that makes the highs and mids to sound richer. The woofer of the smartphone has a new and enhanced speaker and with better magnetic circuit design for louder, clearer and deeper bass tones.
HTC U11 comes with the latest version of HTC USonic headsets. These make use of the active noise cancellation technology and can now tune audio to the unique hearing of the user. The earbuds of these headsets map the inner ear of the user with an advanced sonar-like technology. Once this is done, the headsets adapt the sound profile to the user’s unique biology. This creates a more personal and optimized listening experience.
HTC U11 has upto three Assistant apps that can help the users to control their smartphone and get things done more easily. It has HTC Sense Companion, Google Assistant, and Amazon Alexa. The HTC Sense Companion learns from the user and can provide smart suggestions like reminder to charge the device when the app senses a day full of appointments ahead.
Availability and price of HTC U11:
The HTC U11 is priced at INR 51,990 /- (MOP). It will be available through online (Amazon.in) and offline channels in India, starting from the last week of June 2017.
Key Specifications of HTC U11:
- CPU: Qualcomm™ Snapdragon™ 835, 64 bit octa-core, up to 2.45 Ghz
- Platform: Android™ 7.1 with HTC Sense™
- ROM: 64GB / 128GB, Extended memory: microSD™ up to 2TB (Use SIM2), Flex Storage supported
- RAM: 4GB / 6GB
- Battery: 3000 mAh, Power saving mode, Extreme power saving mode, Quick Charge 3.0
- Display: 5.5 inch, Quad HD (2560 x 1440 pixels), Super LCD 5, 3D, Corning® Gorilla® Glass 5
- Main Camera: 12MP (HTC UltraPixel™ 3 with 1.4μm pixel), BSI sensor, ƒ/1.7 aperture, UltraSpeed Autofocus, Optical Image Stabilization (OIS), Dual LED flash, Face detection, Pro mode, 32 sec. long exposure, and RAW format support, HDR Boost, Hyperlapse, Panorama, Slow motion video (1080P@120 fps), Video Pic, 4K video recording with 3D Audio, Hi-Res audio, Acoustic Focus
- Front Camera: 16MP, BSI sensor, ƒ/2.0 aperture, Auto Selfie (keep still or smile), Voice Selfie, Live make-up, HDR Boost, Selfie Panorama, Full HD 1080p video recording
- Sound: HTC USonic with Active Noise Cancellation, HTC BoomSound™ Hi-Fi edition, Hi-Res audio stereo recording, 3D Audio recording with 4 microphones, Hi-Res audio certified
- Gesture and Others: Always on voice commands, Sensor Hub for activity tracking, Motion Launch, HTC Connect, Pocket mode, Quiet ring on pick up, Flip to Mute
- Water Protection: IP67
- Location: GPS, A-GPS, GLONASS, Beidou
- SIM Card Type: Dual nano SIM
- Sensors: Ambient light sensor, Proximity sensor, Compass sensor, Gyro sensor, Motion G-sensor, Magnetic sensor, Sensor Hub, Edge Sensor, Fingerprint sensor
- Dimensions and Weight: 153.9 x 75.9 x 7.9, 169g
- Availability: Amazon.in and offline channels
- Price: INR 51,990 /- (MOP)
For more information and images, please visit: http://www.htc.com/in/smartphones/htc-u11/