Ever since the first ASUS ZenFone was launched in India, ASUS has continuously striven to provide efficient smartphones at affordable price. I am a fan of ASUS phones as they offer a package of good quality, functionality and affordability. They may not be as flashy in appearance as some Chinese phones, nor as cheap either. But I’ve found them more durable and with better features and user interface. Most of the ASUS flagship smartphones have managed to please the consumer with performance and functionality they offer at their price.
Adding to its lineup of impressive smartphones, ASUS today launched its latest flagship phone, the ASUS 6Z. This is the successor of ASUS 5Z. However, this successor doesn’t just bring higher specifications. It is packed with several innovative features that make it a very appealing flagship device.
So, let’s check out the highlights of ASUS 6Z
ASUS 6Z is a power-packed smartphone. From the latest processor to a high RAM/ROM combination and heavy-duty battery, 6Z is made to perform.
6Z is equipped with latest Qualcomm® Snapdragon™ 855 Mobile Platform with 7nm, 64-bit octa-core processor. The octa core CPU configuration can deliver clock-speed of up to 2.85 GHz. It is complemented by the Qualcomm® Adreno™ 640 GPU for better and faster graphic rendering. 6Z is available in the RAM/ROM variants of 6GB/64GB, 6GB/128GB, 8GB/256GB. All these variants are powered by 5000mAh battery. It is equipped with Snapdragon X24 LTE modem for better 4G connectivity. It runs on Android Pie and ASUS guarantees it will upgrade to Android Q and R when they become available.
Briefly speaking, all these specifications make for a power-packed device. 6Z should function smoothly and without jitters while multi-tasking or playing heavy games.
2. Flip Camera of ASUS 6Z:
Innovative camera setup is the biggest highlight of ASUS 6Z. This smartphone comes with a Flip Camera which can be used at the rear as well as the front. This camera setup brings with it several new camera features and capabilities. And it also helps ASUS to reduce the bezel and to do away with ‘notches’ or camera holes in the display. It also makes sure that the users have the same high capacity camera at the front as they have at the rear.
The Flip Camera module has a two-camera setup. There is a 48MP Sony IMX586 main camera with an f/1.79 wide aperture lens, Dual LED Flash and Laser Auto Focus. Its Quad Bayer technology helps in delivering better day and night photos. The secondary camera is 13MP with 125° ultrawide picture capability.
The Stepper Motor:
The Flip Camera module is driven by a stepper motor that moves the cameras full 180° to switch the cameras from rear to front use. You can easily flip the camera back and front by touching a soft key. The best thing about this flip motion is that you can control it using the Volume Rocker. So, you can stop the cameras at any angle and click your desired shot.
Durability of camera module:
For durability, this Flip Camera module is made from liquid metal (amorphous alloy) which is 20% lighter than stainless steel and four times stronger. Moreover, the camera is protected by G sensor which detects the rate of acceleration. If it detects the phone is falling, it automatically brings the camera module to safe position.
Integration and camera modes:
ASUS claims it will integrate seamlessly with third-party camera apps. Due to its unique flipping motion, it enables new picture modes like Auto Panorama. The camera performance is also enhanced by Motion Tracking, HDR+ Enhanced and Super Night modes.
As the same cameras are used at the front too, it means better selfies and undiminished camera performance at the front too. Thanks to this, ASUS 6Z has achieved a total score of 98 in the DxOMark Selfie benchmark. This is currently the highest overall score recorded.
2. Display & Design:
ASUS 6Z has 6.4″ FHD+ (2340 x 1080) IPS NanoEdge all-screen display with 100% DCI-P3 color gamut and 600nits brightness. The display is protected with scratch-resistant Corning® Gorilla® Glass 6. The NanoEdge slim-bezel display design gives 6Z a 92% screen to body ratio. As the phone has a flip camera, there is no notch or hole in the display to accommodate the camera.
At the rear, there is 3D curved glass which gives the phone a premium feel and a glossy appearance. Unfortunately, it is also a fingerprint magnet. It will be available in Midnight Black color. Overall, the device looks sleek, stylish and gives a premium feel.
The battery capacity of ASUS flagship smartphones is always impressive. 6Z too has a powerful 5000mAh battery. ASUS claims it can provide up to two days of battery life, up to 26 days of 4G standby, up to 21 hours of Wi-Fi web browsing and up to 33.3 hours of talk time. 6Z has USB type C charging slot. It supports Quick Charge 4.0 fast charging. It comes with an 18-Watts Quick Charge 4.0 Charger.
Complementing the viewing experience provided by the Nano-Edge display, ASUS 6Z has dual five-magnet stereo speakers driven by dual NXP smart amplifiers enhancing the volume and sound quality. The smartphone also supports 3.5mm jack and DTS Headphone:X™ for 7.1-channel virtual surround-sound over headphones. It also supports Bluetooth 5.0 Apt:X technology. An FM Radio app comes pre-installed in it. And the smartphone comes with headphones by 1MORE.
Bringing a very impressive set of specifications and features at a competitive price, the pricing is one of its highlights too. It’s three variants are priced as follows:
- 6GB / 64GB for ₹31,999/-
- 6GB / 128GB for ₹34,999/-
- 8GB / 256GB for ₹39,999/-
This pricing makes 6Z a very attractive option for consumers looking for a premium experience at a reasonable price.
; 6GB / 128GB for ₹34,999/-, and the 8GB / 256GB for ₹39,999/-. This pricing makes 6Z a very attractive option for consumers looking for a premium experience at a reasonable price.
ASUS 6Z will be available from June 26, 2019 on Flipkart.
The in-box accessories coming with ASUS 6Z include a protective case, Hi-Res Audio Headset and 18 Watts Quick Charge 4.0 Charger. Also, its buyers can also purchase Complete Mobile Protection by Flipkart (worth Rs. 3999) at only Rs. 99. This protection takes care of broken screens, water damage, software/hardware issues and comes with the convenience of pick and drop of smartphone at user’s doorstep. All repairs are brand authorized.
- Lighter User Interface: ASUS 6Z has a lighter and smoother UI than its predecessor with reduced bloatware. It has new Dark Mode color scheme to reduce eyestrain in low light environments. The UI supports Dual-Apps feature.
- OptiFlex™: It accelerates app launches and reloads,thereby saving power and optimizing memory use.
- ‘Private Listening mode: Stops the reading aloud of voice messages and Google Assistant interactions unless a headset is connected.
- Smart Key: This physical Key on the side of ASUS 6z can be customized to perform select tasks, like launching certain app. It supports single press, double press or press-and-hold commands.
- SIM: Asus 6z supports dual 4G LTE SIMs with Dual SIM, Dual VoLTE (DSDV) capabilities, allowing both SIMs to be on active standby.
- Unlock: Supports Face Unlock as well as Fingerprint Unlock.
Specifications of ASUS 6Z (ZS630KL)
- Operating system: Android™ Pie™ with new user interface
- Design: 3D-curved Gorilla® Glass®, 92% screen-to-body ratio, 190 g weight
- Display: Notchless all-screen NanoEdge display with 19.5:9 aspect ratio, 6.4″ FHD+ (2340 x 1080) IPS NanoEdge display, Capacitive touchscreen with 10-point multitouch (supports Glove Touch), 600nits brightness for outdoor readability, Wide gamut 96% NTSC, 100% DCI-P3 and HDR10
- Protection: Corning® Gorilla® Glass 6
- CPU: Qualcomm® Snapdragon™ 855 Mobile Platform with 7nm, 64-bit octa-core processor
- GPU: Qualcomm® Adreno™ 640
- RAM/ROM: UFS 2.1, up to 8GB RAM / 256GB ROM
- Main camera: Sony® IMX586 48MP image sensor – 1/2.0″ large sensor size, 0.8 µm pixel size, Quad Bayer technology – 12MP, 1.6 µm large effective pixel size, F1.79 aperture, 26 mm equivalent focal length in 35 mm film camera, 79° field of view, Laser autofocus, Dual LED flash, HDR+ Enhanced and Super Night modes, 16-scene AI Scene Detection, Flip Camera with instant camera switching
- Secondary camera: 13MP, 125° ultrawide camera, 200% wider view, Real-time distortion correction, 11 mm equivalent focal length in 35 mm film camera
- Video recording: 4K UHD (3840 by 2160) video recording at 30/60fps for main camera, at 30 fps for secondary camera, 1080p FHD video recording at 30/60fps, 720p HD video recording at 30fps, 3-axis electronic image stabilization, Time Lapse (4K UHD video), Slow Motion video (1080p at 240 fps / 720p at 480 fps), Motion Tracking video (1080p FHD video at 60 fps)Take still photos while recording video
- Battery: 5000mAh high-capacity battery for up to two days non-stop use
- Wireless technology: Wi-Fi 5 (dual-band 2×2 802.11ac), Bluetooth® V 5.0 (EDR + A2DP), supports aptX and aptX HD, Wi-Fi direct, NFC
- Fingerprint sensor: Rear fingerprint sensor with 0.3s fingerprint unlock and five finger 360° recognition
- Connectivity: USB Type-C™ (USB-C™)
- SIM cards: Triple slots: Dual SIM, dual standby (4G+4G) & one microSD card
- Slot 1: 2G/3G/4G Nano SIM Card
- Slot 2: 2G/3G/4G Nano SIM Card
- Slot 3: Supports up to 2TB microSD card
- Navigation: GPS (Dual bands, L1+L5),, GLONASS, BDSS, GALILEO (Dual bands, E1+E5a), QZSS (Dual bands, L1+L5)
- Audio: Dual stereo speakers with dual NXP TFA9874 smart amplifiers, Hi-Res audio 192kHz/24-bit standard that is 4 times better than CD quality, DTS (Digital Theater System) Headphone: X™ 7.1 virtual surround sound for headphone support, Qualcomm Audio CODEC, AudioWizard with listening profile, Dual internal microphones with ASUS Noise Reduction Technology
- FM radio: Yes
- Colors: Midnight Black
- Price: 6GB / 64GB for ₹31,999/-; 6GB / 128GB for ₹34,999/-, and the 8GB / 256GB for ₹39,999/-.
- Availability: Flipkart