PhonePe is one of the leading digital payment platforms in India. PhonePe makes it easy for the users to send and receive money, recharge mobile, data cards, DTH, or make utility payments. You can even use it to buy gold. Best of all, it helps you pay your bills from the comfort and safety of your home. Paying electricity bills through the PhonePe app is easy and takes just a few seconds.
How to pay your electricity bills through PhonePe app
First, download the PhonePe app if you don’t already have it. Once the app is installed, follow the steps outlined below:
1: Open the PhonePe app. Click on the ‘Electricity’ icon under the ‘Recharge & Pay Bills’ section.
2: Select your Electricity board.
3: Enter relevant bill details.
4: Pay your bill. You can use UPI/Debit Cards or Credit Cards as payment methods.
Congratulations! Your transaction is successful. You have paid your electricity bill without stepping out of your home.
To make recurring bill payments more convenient and friction-free, you can enable the AutoPay option on the PhonePe app. With this AutoPay feature, you need not worry about the due dates of your utility bills. The due amount will get automatically debited through your chosen payment method. This reduces your risk of incurring late payment charges.
PhonePe lets you pay for your bills using several payment modes. So you can choose the mode of payment you are most comfortable with. You can use UPI or Debit or Credit Card or Wallet. Using PhonePe, customers can pay electricity bills for over 70 electricity boards/companies. These include:
- Maharashtra: MSEDCL Mahavitran, Adani Electricity Mumbai Limited, Tata Power Mumbai
- Andhra Pradesh: Eastern Power Distribution Company of AP Limited, Southern Power Distribution Company of AP Limited
- Telangana: Southern Power Distribution Company Of Telangana Limited ( TSSPCL), Northern Power Distribution Company Of Telangana Limited (TSNPCL)
- Rajasthan: Jaipur Vidyut Vitran Nigam Limited, Jodhpur Vidyut Vitran Nigam Limited, Ajmer Vidyut Vitran Nigam Limited
- Delhi: BSES Rajdhani Private Limited, BSES Yamuna Private Limited, Tata Power DDL
- Karnataka: BESCOM, HESCOM, GESCOM, CESCOM, MESCOM
- Tamil Nadu: Tamil Nadu Electricity Board Limited
- Punjab: Punjab State Electricity Board Ltd (PSPCL)
- West Bengal: CESC Kolkata, West Bengal State Electricity Distribution Company Ltd
So, if you have been hesitating using PhonePe, you can now see how easy and convenient it is. At a time when the COVID-19 pandemic has made stepping out of home difficult, PhonePe and such digital payment apps can prove very helpful.
And when we are talking about COVID-19, have you downloaded the Aarogya Setu app yet? Download it now to stay safe and help the government track the infection cases.
Check out my review of Aarogya Setu app.
Subscribe to Jyoti Arora’s mailing list & get this FREE eBook
(Click the picture below)