Thru is an innovative solution by DigiValet. It is designed to make your hotel check-in experience hassle-free. It lets you check-in into a hotel using just your phone. DigiValet claims it is world’s first end-to-end contactless cloud-based hotel check-in solution. It is especially relevant considering the safety requirements during the ongoing Coronavirus pandemic.
DigiValet is the maker of several innovative guest-facing technologies across luxury hotels such as Armani, Raffles, Aman, Bvlgari, Oberoi and W. The Thru is DigiValet’s latest innovation which provides an end-to-end cloud-based solution for hotel guests. Using Thru, people can complete their entire check-in process from their phones. They don’t even need to download any app or software.
Announcing the launch, Rahul Salgia, Founder & CEO, DigiValet said, “Thru has been designed to allow for rapid adoption and seamless implementation. It can be up and running at any hotel in just 1 day using an entirely online sign-up process. Hotels do not need to buy any additional hardware or software. Further, Thru comes with absolutely no adoption fee or any exorbitant capital layouts. In fact, Thru’s per check-in model means that the service pays for itself.”
Advantages of Thru for hotel check-ins:
- Users can check-in into a hotel remotely from anywhere in the world. This eliminates all conventional touchpoints that the hotel guests and staff may otherwise be exposed to.
- Thru is designed for a hassle-free experience and is remarkably easy is to use.
- Thru can help cut down the queues at the hotel reception.
- It removes the need for physical exchange of identity cards, forms, and credit cards.
- By removing touchpoints and facilitating remote check-ins, Thru makes hotel check-ins safer, considering the ongoing COVID-19 situation.
- Thru assists hotels by improving their operational efficiencies. It reduces the manpower costs and prevents hotel lobbies and receptions from becoming crowded during peak check-in and check-out times.
- Thru supports multiple languages.
How to use Thru for hotel check-in
- When someone makes a hotel booking, Thru sends an invitation SMS to them 48 hours prior to their scheduled check-in. This SMS invites them to use the service by clicking the included link.
- When the guest clicks the link, they are prompted to scan their identity. Thru uses these scanned identity cards to fill the registration card fields automatically.
- Next, the guest can review all the details. If everything is correct, they can sign digitally. Thru even offers them the option to pay the pre-authorization amount using their preferred payment method.
- Finally, the guest receives a confirmation code confirming the completion of the process.
- Upon arrival at the hotel, the guest just needs to show this code to check-in. All they need to do now is to pick up their sanitized keys and head to their rooms.