LG’s Come Home Challenge is a fun initiative that LG launched recently. Over the past few years, I’ve seen LG come up with several fabulous campaigns that celebrate people while promoting the brand. LG’s #KarSalam initiative pays tribute to Indian soldiers. In 2017, this initiative even won Guinness World Record for the ‘Longest Line of Sticky Notes.’ And I still fondly look back at the customizable video that I made during Life’s Good campaign of 2013. It still makes me feel like a star!
Now LG has come up with #LGComeHomeChallenge. And you are invited to take part in it, celebrate your home, AND help build homes for the needy.
What is LG Come Home Challenge?
LG Come Home Challenge is a new initiative by LG India through which you can help build a home for the poor by just celebrating your home. LG India is collaborating with the Habitat for Humanity for #LGComeHomeChallenge. Habitat for Humanity is a nonprofit organization that builds and improves dwellings for poor families worldwide.
LG will donate USD 300,000 to Habitat for Humanity. LG also plans to donate essential home appliances to furnish new homes. These appliances will be installed in the homes built by Habitat for Humanity to give comfort and safety to the families.
Talking about #LGComeHomeChallenge, Dan Song, president of LG Electronics Home Appliance & Air Solution Company, said, “LG is always looking for ways to make life better, and we are honored to support the good work of Habitat for Humanity and to protect the wellbeing of the families they help with our healthy home solutions.” “Our Come Home Challenge campaign represents a real way for people to benefit from the gift of a safe, healthy home.”
How to participate in LG Come Home Challenge?
To participate in #LGComeHomeChallenge, you just need to share your home or family’s photo/video on social networks. Here’s how:
- Click a photo or create a short video of your home and family.
- These photos or videos should show what home and family mean to the participants. For example, you can show your family playing together, eating together, laughing together, and enjoying each other’s company.
- Share your photo or short video on Instagram or Facebook with the hashtag #LGComeHomeChallenge & #LG_YourCountryName (ex. #LG_India).
- When you participate using the above-mentioned hashtags, a donation will be made to Habitat for Humanity in your name.
- You can use the special LG Instagram AR filter created for this campaign.
- Once you have participated, you can search for your name at http://www.lgcomehomechallenge.com/ and download your donation certificate. (Didn’t work for me)
We all love sharing photos and videos on Facebook and Instagram. Try sharing one through this challenge. It’s fun, and may even help someone get a safe home.